A pitch-perfect brunch and Mothers Day casserole.
Jump to Recipe Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print Recipe
Highlights: : Eggs, Fruit, Make Ahead
Starting the night before, prepare the oven bake and refrigerate overnight. Then, all you have to do in the morning is bake and serve!
Unexpected, refreshing spring flavors.
Estimated Cost: $15
Suggested Beverage: COFFEE!
Equipment and Supplies
- 9 by 13 Covered Covered Casserole
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese, whole milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 3 loaves baguette
- 13 ounces blueberry jam
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons turbinado
- cup light maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon basil, , chiffonade
For the oven bake
- Grease a 4-quart covered casserole with 2 tablespoons butter.3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Stir together the ricotta cheese, honey, half the lime zest and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a mixing bowl.16 ounces ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup honey, 2 limes
- Slice the baguettes, trying not to cut all the way through the loaf. Spoon some of the cheese mixture on one side of each piece, and then some of the jam on the other side. Lay the baguettes side by side in the casserole.3 loaves baguette, 13 ounces blueberry jam
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over the baguettes. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.4 eggs, 1 cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover casserole and sprinkle turbinado over the top. Bake until egg is set and the bread is toasted, about 40-45 minutes. Re-cover casserole if the top of the bread starts to brown.16 ounces ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup honey, 2 limes, 2 tablespoons turbinado
For the syrup
- Meanwhile, stir together the maple syrup, remaining lime zest and 1 teaspoon of lime juice in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warm. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and basil, and serve warm alongside the casserole.cup light maple syrup, 1 tablespoon basil
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.