A perfect spring and summer nosh. Get casual, kick it, kick your shoes off, and get outside and relax. You deserve it.
Jump to Recipe Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print Recipe
Highlights: : Fast, Seafood, Shellfish
“Shrimps” is in honor of Agador, played to hilarious effect by Hank Azaria in The Birdcage.
Piquant, refreshing and light, a true warm-weather treat.
Estimated Cost: $15
Suggested Beverage: Margaritas, Sauvignon Blanc, Lager beer
Equipment and Supplies
- 1 pound Shrimp, extra jumbo, peeled and deveined
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 tortillas, (2 per taco)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
Creamy avocado salsa verde
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
Prepare the salsaa
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl. Make like DJ Muggs Buddha and Mix.2 avocados, 1 cup salsa verde, 1 lime, 1 cup cilantro, ½ cup sour cream
For the shrimp
- Spear the shrimps on skewers.1 pound Shrimp
- Brush the shrimps with oil. Dust each side with sea salt and chili powder.Sea salt, 2 tablespoons canola oil, ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Grill the shrimps 2-3 minutes a side. Pull off the skewers and set aside.
Assemble the tacos
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave
- Make 4 stacks of 2 tortillas each.8 tortillas
- Put down a line of salsa along the middle of each tortilla.
- Divide the shrimps among the 4 tacos
- If desired, top with a slaw of your choice.
- Set extra salsa in a bowl for dipping.
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.