I really like the flavor of juniper berries on pork and game.
This preparation works general use on pork. It even works for bacon!
Equipment and Supplies
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup paprika
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder, dried
- 2 teaspoons allspice, cracked or ground
- 2 teaspoons juniper berries, ground
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients well in a small mixing bowl. Refrigerate any extra rub in a airtight container.1 cup dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup paprika, 1/4 cup garlic powder, 2 tablespoons black pepper, 2 tablespoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons mustard powder, 2 teaspoons juniper berries, ½ teaspoon cayenne, 2 teaspoons allspice