Jump to Recipe Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print Recipe
Highlights: : Contains Alcohol, Fruit, Lamb
Simple, quick and tasty, perfect for any day of the week.
Estimated Cost: $20
Suggested Beverage: Rioja, Bordeaux
Equipment and Supplies
- 10-inch skillet
For the chutney
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small chili pepper, seeded and minced, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces blackberries, rough chopped, some reserved whole for garnish
For the lamb
- 4 lamb chops, seasoned with SPG
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves stripped
Make the chutney
- Combine oil, shallots, chili pepper and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.1½ tablespoons olive oil, 5 shallots, 2 cloves garlic, 1 small chili pepper
- When shallots are softened, add sugar and stir, continue cooking until lightly caramelized.2 tablespoons turbinado or brown sugar
- Add red wine and deglaze pan.½ cup red wine
- Add balsamic vinegar and bay leaf and bring to a low boil.¼ cup white balsamic vinegar, 1 bay leaf
- Add the blackberries, return to a low boil and reduce to a syrup consistency. Let cool.12 ounces blackberries
- Remove the bay leaf and dump into a serving dish.
Make the lamb chops
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil and herbs. Whisk.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 sprig thyme, 1 sprig rosemary
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush the chops with oil on both sides. Grill for 3 minutes a side and serve.4 lamb chops
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.