A side dish for parents whose children refuse to eat vegetables. No, there aren’t any hidden vegetables, but at least there’s fruit.
This is a summertime favorite that gives you an excuse (if you need one) to get up early and go to the local farmer’s market.
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¾ cup turbinado
- 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger root, grated coarsely
- 6 peaches, halved and pits removed
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine water, wine, ginger and turbinado in a saucepan and reduce by ⅔, about 15 minutes. Let cool.¾ cup water, ¾ cup white wine, ¾ cup turbinado, 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger root
- Once cooled, brush the peach halves on the cur side with the glaze.6 peaches
- Grill peach halves at 400 degrees about 3 minutes per side, until good grill marks appear. Remove the peaches to a bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice to the remaining glaze and strain over peaches. Toss and serve.1½ tablespoons lemon juice