A side dish for parents whose children refuse to eat vegetables. No, there aren’t any hidden vegetables, but at least there’s fruit.
Jump to Recipe Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print Recipe
Highlights: : Contains Alcohol, Fast, Few Ingredients, Fruit
This is a summertime favorite that gives you an excuse (if you need one) to get up early and go to the local farmer’s market.
A very welcome to to summer.
Estimated Cost: $15
Suggested Beverage: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Bordeaux Blanc
Equipment and Supplies
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¾ cup turbinado
- 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger root, grated coarsely
- 6 peaches, halved and pits removed
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine water, wine, ginger and turbinado in a saucepan and reduce by ⅔, about 15 minutes. Let cool.¾ cup water, ¾ cup white wine, ¾ cup turbinado, 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger root
- Once cooled, brush the peach halves on the cur side with the glaze.6 peaches
- Grill peach halves at 400 degrees about 3 minutes per side, until good grill marks appear. Remove the peaches to a bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice to the remaining glaze and strain over peaches. Toss and serve.1½ tablespoons lemon juice
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.